July 10, 2012- New President
So we got a new mission president this week and we had a Zone Conference
with him on Saturday. He is a very happy and excited man and I am
looking forward to working with him. His name is President Shumway and
he has a scripture that now describes the mission. He opened the ZC with
a scripture. Moses 7:5. We are the people of Shum. Yep. Were biblical
now. It was nice to see him and I am looking forward to seeing him in
the future and listening to all his inspired words. He pretty much had a
pep rally for ZC and he was the first one to admit it. I saw Sister
Shumway again and she was excited to see me again. She said I was a
special missionary ;) It was nice to see all the people from the new
zone and get to know them.
Well I have to say this new transfer has been super exciting to me. I
have been so happy that it almost hurts. Seriously. I have never been
so happy in my life. I am working hard and not seeing any success but it
doesn't matter. I am doing the Lord's work and putting him first. To
any one who is questioning on whether they should go on a mission, just
go. There will be hard times, and unpleasant times but the joy you will
get out of the work you do will not be matched by anything else you can
do. You will begin to understand your self so much more and understand
the world a lot better. Life out here is so much easier, there is no
decisions just work. Once you learn to just shut up and enjoy the
moment. Enjoy the ride that is life. Take joy out of the stupid little
things. Laugh at something, not because other are but because you find
it funny. Be you, and the lord will take you as you are. Work on
obedience because that is the only thing the Lord is asking of us. The
word is true, Joy is from above--
Love Elder Rasband

No comments:
Post a Comment