Monday, April 1, 2013

A Week of Baptism

So this week has been rather fun. First of, Craig  was baptized! Wo Hoo! Man was it good to get him in that water. So I had the privileged of baptizing him. Unfortunately there was not that much water in the font so I had to baptize him at what felt like the knees. It took me two times to get him all the way under but it still worked. Also we had to wrap his cast in saran wrap to keep it dry, so that was fun. The next day he was confirmed by Elder Densly and then he was extended a calling to be the Sunday School
secretary. Yeah things are going very well. So after church we went to a part member family's place that just moved in. Man were Elder Densly and I  out of place. There were about 30 black people there and they all just stared at us. So we just chilled with the member and his friend who was running the grill. We got to sample all the food and boy was it good. Best BBQ I have ever had. After we had it the man told me that I had to write home and tell my mom that "I had dinner with a black family and that it was good. Man can a black man cook." Yeah it was funny. Then as we were leaving there was a group of guys hanging around their car raping and what now when they all stopped and told us to come over and offer a prayer. So we all held hands in a circle and prayed. Only half of them had golden grills so it made it all ok. After that we went to another members house, the Estradas, and they were watching Spanish wrestling and wouldn't turn it off. Man Mystico is one acrobatic dude, I would never try to take some one down by grabing their head with my feet and using my momentum to bring them down, but Mystico can.
     So we are having a total of 6 baptisms this week, 3 of them are 8 year old baptisms but they are bringing the family back into activity because of the work we are doing with them. The McKnight wedding is tonight, and that will have 3 baptisms and a wedding, so I am super exited for it. Saturday after the afternoon session of conference we are doing the baptisms for Joshua, who is 8, and Sarah and Molly. Both these family were less active but are coming back now. Sarah was baptized when she was 8 but bad records were kept so we get to go through it all again with her, and Molly is 8 also. So over all this week should be just a ton of fun, more pictures and stories to come.
     Well I don't feel like I talk enough about spiritual things in these letters, so I will just talk briefly on questions. Lately I have been thinking about what made Joseph Smith so epic. I have been reading a bit on him and what not and I know that he was the man he was, because he asked good questions. So I have been asking the Lord to help me ask good questions. The Lord wants to teach us things, but he won't unless we ask for it and are ready for it. So as we ask questions and are willing to make sacrifices we will be able to one day be like Christ, or like Joseph Smith. So ask questions  if you want answers, then be willing to sacrifice for the answers you want. These things alone are what I feel like the key to revelations.

No comments:

Post a Comment