Monday, April 8, 2013

A Week to Rule all other Weeks
What a week. Looking back on it, I have a hard time believing a week ago it was only a week ago. I feels like it was a month ago. So on Monday we had the baptism/wedding thing. It went perfect. Lots of people showed up, we had a great time, and I had to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. Lots of people liked it and complimented me on it. So all went well. Yeah so the family is all a McKnight family now and they are doing just dandy. They are already like active members in a lot of ways. Also during the receptions afterwards the McKnights and the Gilsons sat next to each other and talked and fellowshiped each other so that made us real happy. Unfortunately I was not able to marry the two together and fulfill one of my bucket list items, or be a best man, BUT I did get to run the CD player for the wedding and put my space center skills of fading out music to the test. So there, skills from the space center applied and used.
We also had 3 more baptisms on Saturday right after the afternoon session of conference, The Estradas and the Rigneys. Those went pretty well. Since we only had like 15 minutes to get every thing set up I felt like a chicken with its head cut off running around making every thing work, but it did, so I can't complain. Both baptisms had such a great spirit to them, it was great to see so many willing people getting baptized, opposed to those unwilling people getting baptized....
We had a fun BBQ after the baptism for a manly get together before the priesthood session. Not nearly as good as the black guy's BBQ but still good. We were going to have a whole family of new investigators come to the baptisms and the BBQ but they got in a car wreck on Friday so they were all to sore to come. They are all ok, but they really wanted to come, and a lot of the ward knows him already because they work with him so it would have just been perfect to have him come and fellowship and listen to the prophets and apostles, but Satan had another plan.
Well I guess I should mention we had transfer calls this Saturday, no changes, so I am happy. For my thought for the week, I will just talk a bit about Satan and his plan. So we know that God has a plan for us, then why not Satan? I am just as sure that Satan has a plan for us as God does, and it is up to us to choose liberty or death. But it is always up to us, if we choose to follow Satan or God. Well thanks for listening and praying for me. Hope all is well where ever you guys are.


No comments:

Post a Comment