Monday, October 17, 2011

Hello from Ozarks,

So things here have been pretty good so far. We finally have  ward missionaries to use so we are picking up the pace a bit. My companion leaves Thursday, back to Canada, so it will be sad that as the work picks up he leaves. He has been out in this area longer than I have had my mission call, that is just crazy to me. My new companion is named Elder Walter and no one knows anything about him so we will see how it turn out. So pretty much for the next 3 days it is just saying goodbyes and lots of food. Maybe I will gain weight... well I did weigh myself at a member's house. She claimed that the scale was perfectly accurate and it said I was 130. I did have my shoes on so I bet I am like 128, but I am making progress!!!! So marriages seem to be falling apart all over the place here. 3 of the families that we work with have split up in the last month or so. It sucks but that is what we are here to do, help and uplift. We have 3 people with baptismal dates now and each one seems very ready to be dunked. Our newest guy we met for the first time on Sunday and his girl friend and has a mentally challenged sister that she takes care of. The first time she saw me she run right up and tried to hug me...... in the church...... boy was that awkward because she was dedicated and really wanted the hug but I wouldn't allow it. Oh no... what if my mission president finds out :( i might get sent home!!!!!!! Well other than that things here have been ordinary and fun, not much going on in the way of amazing and ground breaking. I will continue to work if all you continue to send letters, but so help me if I go a week with no letter I will be extremely upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment