October 31, 2011 - Odd Stories
So this week I do actually have some odd stores to tell.
1. We were out at a less active's finding and talking to when we
were at one guys house that we talk to often. His family was away and
this was like at 8 p.m. He said his family was out trying to get a dog
out of a hole by the water tower. We kinda joked about it and then went
over after to see what was going on. Apparently this dog had crawled in
like a gopher hole (not sure of the animal but it was big enough for a
Russel terrier to crawl through) and crawled 15 feet underground then
got stuck. When we got there it was down there for about 5 hours. The
kids that were out walking the dog had lost the dog but heard barking
underground, so they dug a small hole with makeshift tools and found the
dog head, not that it was unattached but that was where they dug down.
The dog was pinned under a rock and couldn't move. We couldn't get it
out so we had to call the fire department and they came and yanked the
dog out. It was amazing and epic but one of the most sad things I have
ever seen.
2. Home of Throwed Rolls! So there is the famous restaurant here
that we went to for lunch today called "Lambert's, home of the throwed
roll" and it was very cool. I think it was a little over hyped but still
very cool.
3. Primary program kills old people! Well kinda. So this week was
our wards primary program and in the middle of it an old guy who was
visiting came in and watched his grandchildren perform when he lost
consciousness. I didn't see it happen but I did see a horde of
priesthood holders rush over and the old dude was carried out life less.
I was sure he was dead and I wanted to help but I knew I couldn't do
anything. The guy sitting next to me, Bro. Mangum, was the guy who
carried him out. Apparently right when he was taken into the waiting
area the other bishop walked in who is an ER surgeon and we had like 4
nurses there too. He did regain consciousness and was rushed off to the
ER but other than that I don't know what happened.
We had 4 new investigators this week at church without us doing
anything. Two of them had just moved in from California and the wife's
sister is a member and they are both now super interested and came on
their own at 8:30 for Sacrament (yes we meet at 8:30 because we have 4
wards meeting at our stake center). And the other 2 are neighbors to the
Englands. We have had to drop one investigator due to his excessive
RACISM. He truly doesn't believe that blacks and white came from the
same things. He thinks earth was a playground for other gods before Adam
and Eve and a whole bunch of other extremely crazy ideas. Last time we
saw him all he wanted to do was talk about his hate for blacks. Oh well
well that is all I have time for this week but love all y'all and have a
good week.
Love, Elder Rasband.

No comments:
Post a Comment