July 30, 2012
So now to a more serious note. We are still doing a lot of tracting
down here, and every time we go we have a pretty cool experience. We
have had 3 lessons this week just from tracting, and 3 new
investigators. The first one we tracted into was a couple who had just
gotten home from the hospital a few minutes before we knocked on the
door and they learned that the pregnant lady's baby would not make it
and that it would be a stillborn baby. And we show up right when she
learned of that. We gave her a blessing and told her a brief explanation
of the purpose of life and set up a return appointment. We came back on
the set up date and they asked, "I thought you were coming on
Saturday." and I responded by saying, "It is Saturday." Oh Missourians.
And the part about that that annoyed me was we even brought out the
branch president to come with us. Oh well, as any missionary knows, this
is just what happens. The other tract was into a guy named Mike Hanes,
and we talked with him for an hour about our religion and he just could
not get over that we were so dedicated to doing what we do. He said he
would give the Book of Mormon a look at and that we could stop by any
time. Sweet! So more on him later. Then yesterday we tracted into
Elisabeth. a smart lady who has read 7 versions of the Bible and has
studied a lot of other religions. She was super exited to read the Book
of Mormon and we see her again on Saturday. I literally wouldn't be
surprised if she read the entire B.O.M. by next visit. Now that we have a
pool of people to teach (about 8) now all we need is to get them to set
appointments with us. Until then we will keep on looking. Well thanks
for all your letters and all the prayers you send me. I can definitely
feel them and I know that it is your faith that brings me to the people
that I see. Well take care. Have lots of fun and do missionary work.



No comments:
Post a Comment