Monday, August 13, 2012

 August 13, 2012

So sorry it has been a week since I have written all you guys. Nothing to new has happened in the past 2 weeks but on Sunday we had one of the most hilarious talks I have ever heard. And no it wasn't supposed to be funny. So we have a brother in the area named Brother Killpack. He is, well lets just say an interesting fellow. This week he was asked to give a talk, what about I haven't the slightest clue. He started his talk, talking about WWII. Ok so far we are in the norm. He was a very young child during WWII and he often enjoyed playing in his sandbox. He would make 2 big piles of sand and he just knew that they were supposed to represent Japanese cities. He would then stand a little bit off and throw rocks at the piles, the rocks were supposed to be bombs. And he just knew that if God would drop 2 bombs, one on each city that it would end the war. He then starts to get a little teary eyed and he says, "And i just knew, that I had something to do with then end of WWII..... I promised my son i wouldn't sing, but I just ask God if it was ok and he said it was. AND I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN, WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M FREE!" Oh Eldon.

So this week we have been doing a lot of tracting and trying to get a few investigators. Not too much luck as of yet but we will keep on keeping on. The temperature has dropped literally 20 degrees in the past 3 days, and it is raining for the first time today all summer long out here. The farmers will be super happy about that. Well I promise that I will have some fun stuff for you next week, or my name isn't Elder.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and your good wishes. It helps me out a ton. Keep on doing the good things and strive to put the Lord in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment