Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28, 2012 - Hello from the Lake of the Ozarks

Sorry it has been a while since I last wrote to you guys. This past few weeks have been rather dull and non progressive. So I guess I will just tell you some random stories from the area and some fun we have been having. We went to a thrift store this week.  I found this suit that was $1 and the shoes were another dollar and the tie as well. So the whole getup up you see me wearing was 3 dollars, minus the white shirt and the undies. If there is one thing Missouri is good at, it is thrift stores. This week we also had a big shin dig at the strip. It was called the "shoot out" and they brought boats that were... well lets just say each one probably cost at least $500,000. I have never touched so much money in my life. It was absolutely amazing. They even had a bat man boat.

This last week we had some pretty cool experiences. We took out an 18 year old with us one night, named Dallin Miner. He is a way sweet kid that I am good friends with. We decided to take him out to see as many investigators as we could, (all 3 of them) to see if these people were even interested in still meeting with us. Believe it or not, we only got to see 2 of them because we talked for so long with them. Both families said they would come to church and they seemed to mean it. Now all we need is to get those people to follow up on their commitments. Elder Maurer and I  have decide that Eldon, Missouri is where Satan vacations. There are so many people here with more problems than I even thought possible. And I am sure that with every one of them that if they kept the commandments they would not be in such a place.

So now for a gospel related sermon. I have been thinking about the Bible lately and it is amazing that people don't recognize the things that we recognize from it. It is so clear to us but to the rest of the christian world they just don't seem to get it. Then I started to expand my thinking and I thought about Christ time. The Pharisees and Sadducee were literally in the same boat as the modern Christan world. They had the scriptures. They went to school to study it. They did the best they could without a prophet but the word got perverted, bad. Many factions arised, they fought against each other because they did not have any one there to tell them of the correct way. Then when some one did they flipped out! KILL HIM!!!!! He said hard things against us, He doesn't know the scriptures like we do. Oh that little humble man, he is so silly with all his miracles and healing. Every thing I just said applied to Joseph Smith's time. The scriptures alone are NOT, GOOD, ENOUGH! A dedicated study of them and your own interpretation is not correct. Man does not think like God, that is why we must learn to humble ourselves and be willing to listen to what may seem like an unlikely source. Do not let your pride get in the way of your growth. You are man, so therefore you are susceptible to being wrong. Rely on the Holy Ghost and listen to others who present new ideas. Then you must ask God yourself if that man be of god and his words be of God, with a sincere desire to know if it is true and the Holy Ghost will let you know if it is truth that they speak. Satan is whispering in your ears at all times of the day. Be humble enough to accept that maybe Satan has gotten a hold of you and has hardened your heart in accepting that maybe you could be wrong in certain aspect of you life. None of us follow all the commandment that God has given us. The pharisees, thought themselves near perfect and wouldn't listen to another man. Listen to others. Do not get defensive if others challenge you. They may be a disciple of God and they may be inspired. Please, be the type of people who do not turn away truth because it differs from what you already believe. Listen... love. I bear you my testimony that I believe these things to be true beyond a shadow of a doubt. I see the opposite of this every day. I just want to shake each one and show them there is a better way to follow Jesus. Do not think yourself smart when it comes to the ways of the Lord, because no natural man can be. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen

Well that has been in my head for the past few weeks and it needed to get out. Thank you all for you prayers and your love for me. I wish that I could hug all of you and thank you so much for all the good that you do and did for me. Each of you have shaped me into what I am today, and I have the Lord to thank for that because he put each and every one of you in my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment