September 10, 2012
This last week we had the privilege to meet Elder Choi of the Seventy.
We had to go all the way down to Springfield to meet him and we had 3
zones get together for it. Surprisingly there was only 1 other
missionary there from my original district from the MTC, that's too bad,
I was hoping to see a lot more than that. Well, Elder Choi was a funny
dude and he made a lot more jokes then I thought he would. After lunch
when we all were siting back down to listen again he gets up and says,
"now that your all sitting down I want you to stand up. Raise your left
hand up like this. now your right. now stand on one foot. now sway back
and forth. now rotate your arms like this... Ok sit back down. now were
going to resume our meeting." No explanation was offered. I think he
just wanted to watch us look like fools. It was funny. Another time
during his lecture he stopped abruptly and turned around to his wife and
said, "lets sing. Sister Choi lets sing." Sister Choi did a massive
face palm at this point, So Elder and Sister Choi, President and Sister
Shumway, and the assistants all stood around the podium and sang to us,
no one was prepared for that. You could definitely tell it was just a
spur of the moment thing. Then he proceeded to talk about how we all
needed to sing as companionship. It was sweet though. He was very
inspired and I got a lot out of it.
So while me and my companion were out contacting less actives, we
came across a very fun sign. I think every one should have one in their
lawn. We all need to vote for JESUS this coming election. Vote Jesus,
lord of your life!!!!! Only in Missoura. So I had some more fun at
thrift stores this week, I bought some brown socks!!! Why is that worth
mentioning? Because now my new suit is completely finished, and the suit
was bought, and fitted to me for the same exact cost as my new socks,
1$. I was showing off the suit to a member we spend a lot of time with
and he loved it so much that we gave me 2 pair of cuff links. Man I am
going to be the most styling man at zone conference this Saturday, its
just a good thing the mission president won't be there. And also at the
thrift store I bought the overalls you see me wearing in the picture. It
still had its original tag on it from the store they bought it from. It
was 40 bucks and I paid 5 bucks for it, and it fits me like a glove.
Yay thrift stores. My companion also bought a new suit at the same store
for 7 bucks, and it doesn't even need to be altered at all.
Well as far as missionary work goes, still no one coming to church.
We have a few potential investigators, but I think they are ignoring us.
Especially since we can watch them poke through the blinds look at us
then never answer the door. We have an appointment today at 7 with one,
so we will pray that will work. We are doing lots of tracting and we met
a guy who's mail box had their last name on it, and it was Rude.
Believe it or not he was rude. We also ran into a guy who said he has
read the Mormon bible and that it teaches that we can be saved by some
other way then Jesus. When he asked me who is Jesus I said, "our
Savior." he then said, "and?" and I said, "uhhhh... his only begotten?"
He said, "Yes but he is also your Savior" He then tried to tell us about
our beliefs and got all up in my face but I just smiled and didn't move
an inch then he finally backed down and said you need to realize who
your savior is, and I said Jesus, but he wouldn't have any of it. Odd
you would think when I repeated exactly what he said to me that he would
understand me. Oh well I guess I will just have to figure out who else
can save my soul because he seem to think I have another way. Well that
is all my new things that happened this week. Thanks for all the love
and prayers. Transfer calls are this Saturday so lets hope things change
next Thursday.


No comments:
Post a Comment