Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So first things first. I am getting transferred to Pittsburg, Kansas. I am one of the lucky few who get to actual serve in Kansas in the mission. Pittsburg is a college town with a population of 20,000. That is 4 times the population of my current area. I will be serving with an Elder Staley he has been out 2 transfers and I will be followup training him, what ever that consists of. I am sad to leave Eldon but I am exited for a change, and to leave Eldon. Eldon is just a very bitter sweet area.

Now for the important business. I am making a very real and a very serious request from every one who receives this letter. Not just to you but all the recipients of the letters of Elder Maurer, Harter, Buckley, and Holmes. Each and every one of us is sending out a rallying cry to tell an old man who much he means to us. Larry Mcwhinnie is the most generous man I have ever met. He does so much for the missionaries each week. For instance I had a big hole in one of my jeans and so he was like, "lets go buy you a new pair." Ya the pair was from a thrift store but so what. When he saw my suit he gave me 2 pair of cuff links to go with it. He feeds us at least 3 or 4 times a week. He drives us to transfers every transfer, which is a 2 hour trip one way. He spends at least 100 dollars just to do transfers with us. He lets us do our laundry at his place every week. He built bunk beds in his house just for missionary use. Just in case we need a place to stay. He is the one who takes us to the library every week. Ya he may have the worst temper I have ever seen but the generosity balances it out. He literally lives only for missionaries at this point. He is 80 years old and spends most of his money on the missionaries. When you think of your kids on a mission and you hope that there is  someone in their area that will love them and provide a safe haven and feed them. Larry McWhinnie is that and so much more. He never asks for more than a thank you. So that is what I ask you today. Thank Brother McWhinnie. Send him a letter on Wednesday. If there are only two words on the letter it will be enough. We want to fill his mailbox with thank yous. His address is:

317 Woodhaven circle
Four Seasons, Mo 65049
Please every one send him something. We are going to make an old man's day. Please do this for me. If you were going to write me a letter this week don't, write him instead. If you were only going to write me one letter while I was on my mission, don't, send it to him instead. Let's fill his mail box. If you don't have one ready by Wednesday then send it later.


Oh so more McWhinnie stuff, that deck you see, we built it with Mcwhinnie. See he even teaches us how to do cool stuff like build decks. Well that is all I have to beg of you this week. Stay tuned for more storied from Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment