Monday, November 5, 2012

First off, watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DREFM8Ig5TA

 So a few weeks ago I had my mom send me a copy of Green Eggs and Ham so I could turn it into this. It is super epic and I have been reading it to members teaching them how to do missionary work. Persistence is the way to getting people to try it. But any who I had a member bear his testimony about the book on Sunday. He gets up and rehearses a conversation we had with him at dinner a few nights ago. Basically it went like this.

Brother Hurt, "you know Elder Rasband you don't look old enough to be on a mission"
Elder Rasband, "Ya... well I blame my young looks on my short hair at this point."
BH, "I don't know, I think its just your face."

ER, "ya probably."
BH, "Well do you have a message for us tonight?"
ER, "I do"
Then I pulled out Green Eggs and Ham and after we read it he said

BH, "you know after that conversation about your young looks then you pulling out a children's book didn't help."
ER, "Ya probably not my best move, but it was a good book eh?"
BH, "it sure was."
Basically he rehearsed that over the pulpit then bore his testimony that the green eggs and ham book helped him understand the principles of missionary work and he is going to try much harder at it now. It was actually pretty cool to hear that. It made my day. And that is now only the second time my young looks were mentioned over the pulpit.
So now an explanation of the pictures. The weather rock, just made me laugh. It was at an old people home of a person we were visiting and I just had to get a picture. The street sign one, ha ha ya you are either going to get it or not. I wish I could claim the pumpkin I was holding but the Wilde Family let us pretend we made them.

So as far as investigators go, we taught Hannah again this week and we taught the Word of Wisdom. She has no problem with any of the Word of Wisdom councils so she is ready to go. I love when a plan comes together. We are still working on getting her to institute so she can meet more people her age, because in a lot of ways our ward is a newly wed or nearly dead ward. But she is still doing very well. We should have a baptismal date with her soon. We also ran into Lance again (the guy we poached from the baptist church) and he is going to buy a triple combo so he can read it and study the church. He is sweet!!! We have been doing a lot of wandering around lately trying to find more people to teach and  I am amazed at how many people do stop and talk to us. Now all we need is for them to call us back and our days would be booked. It is cool to experience people who are just waiting to find the truth but just don't know where to find it. We have been praying to be lead to people who are looking and for people who are looking to be lead to us, and I honestly feel that is happening. God does answer prayers, just in his own time frame. Just be patient.

Love, Elder Rasband



No comments:

Post a Comment