Monday, January 7, 2013

Man I can't believe we are going into week 4 of this transfer. The time has been flying by out here. It makes sense with how much we have been doing. Yesterday was one of the most crazy days I think I have ever had. We went out with our bishop for 5 hours and talked to a ton of less active families and part member families as well. He is one of the most driven and urgent people I have ever met. I can't even imagine having to keep up with him on a daily basis. Just listening to him talk about the work and what the Church means to him and how he wants to share it makes me feel so... not good enough. But regardless it is me that has been called to serve here so that is all they get. This week we taught 22 lessons to people. By the end of this transfer I think I will almost have doubled my lesson count for my mission. Well probably not, but it feels that way. I heard that one of the reasons the Twelve lowered the age limit is because the work needs to be hastened. This area feel that need to hasten the work. This area makes me feel that urgency. There are so many people here who have been blinded by the subtle craftiness of men. Every one here are such good people with great heart and I just want to share with them what we have. I feel as though I now understand the need for a humble heart. That alone is the thing that we need to have to learn new things and improve ourselves. This area is a great example of that. Well I don't have a bunch of time but I love all you and I am grateful for all that you have done for for me, each of you. This gospel is true, Christ died to save us and to transform us through His grace so we may one day be like Him, if we are humble and have a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Seek the lord and for the truth, and do what ever it takes to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment