Monday, December 31, 2012
Man what a year. I can't believe that one year ago I was freaking out
because I had to go home in a few weeks. That has come and gone and now I
have a whole new year to look forward to. Thanks all of you who have
made this past year a great experience and a joy to be serving in the
OTM. Thanks for all of you who sent me cards and love (and I know that
all of you sent me love by prayer mail :) ). This week went pretty
well. We had dinner at the bishops house and it was different but still
fun. They served food that Joseph and Mary might have been eating at
that time and we all sat on the floor to eat. It was a lot of fun. Then
my companion tried to wrestle all the boys that were close to our age
but none of them wanted to wrestle a missionary. He jumped one of them
and tried to wrestle him but it didn't work at all because my companion
had no experience wrestling and was like 30 pounds lighter than his
opponent who knew how to wrestle very well. It was funny to watch
because the Hogge child didn't want to hurt my companion so he just
balled up and Burr couldn't do anything to him, so Burr just gave up.
Other than that this week has been full of tracting and following up
with potential investigators. No progress being made yet.
We had president Shumway talk to our ward up here and talk all
about missionary work and how it is done. The ward took to it very well
and they are pumped to share the gospel. I feel like we are watching the
sun rise here, its slow but things are getting brighter and brighter
every day. Well thanks again for all your love and prayers. I will see
you all in a few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment