Monday, February 25, 2013

I'm going to be a Dad

Man has this past week been insane, in a spiritual way..... So, we will start with Wednesday. I went down to Bartellsville for district meeting and we exchanged so Elder Jose could go to Indy (Independence) to interview Craig  for baptism. I was with one Elder Wallentine for what turned out to be a two night exchange. We got snowed in, well the members didn't want to drive in the snow for fear of crashing. I was totally ill prepared for the weather. When we left our place there was no snow but half way there I realized I needed to have brought lots more clothes. So instead I got to wear Elder Jose's coat and sweater. We got to spend time with Matt though. Many of you will remember him as Halo 4 dude. He has become a great contact for the missionaries. He is super cool and we are great friends. I even got a picture of him so you all can see. The other picture is a depiction of me from a girl in the ward. Hmm that kind of sounds bad....
So Craig was unable to be interviewed because before the interview he asked a question about needing to serve a week of jail time due to driving on a suspended license. Jose had to tell him that he couldn't be interviewed because of that. He was crushed. Apparently he just sat in his room and reflected and was probably just furious. Craig definitely has a temper but he is working very hard and fast and taming it. But the next day he got in an argument with Bobo and to blow off steam he went up stairs and punched a counter so hard he broke a bone in his hand and needs surgery. But he did that rather than smoke, so in a way its better. We will have to change his date back a few weeks but he still has a huge desire to be baptized.
We got in contact with Duck this week and his wife left him, for the 7th time because she is so disagreeable. So he is on track to come to church and restart the lessons. We are looking forward to that.
Also on Saturday we got transfer calls and I am going to be training a new guy and Burr will be going to Branson. I am super exited to be training a new guy.
So on Sunday we got a referral for a part member family in Coffeeville that wants to be baptized and come to church. We will be seeing them on Wednesday so more info on them coming soon I hope.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment