Monday, February 11, 2013

2 Birthdays, 2 Baptisms

This week has been a lot of fun and a bit of work. So first thing is first, I will start with the bad news. Duck has decided to stop having us over to his place for a while. Apparently the contention between he and his wife has been very bad because of his investigation of the church. We called him this week and he informed us that for the time being he doesn't want us to come over for fear of his marriage. He says he is going to keep on reading and learning about the church but for the time being it would be better is we just held off. I am going to try and get our ward mission leader to talk to him and have them over for dinner and try and help Claudia, Duck's wife, become more open to the church, but we will see. The seed has been planted and grown in Duck now we the spirit needs to work on Claudia.
Now for the good news, I hear tales from Pittsburg that Hannah, the investigator that was so golden is getting baptized. That makes me super happy and exited to hear. Also we have set 2 baptismal dates with investigators this week. One with Craig  and another with Gabriel. We had a lesson with Craig on Tuesday and we talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ which led into the Word of Wisdom and his coffee and smoking problems. He is determined to get baptized and wants to be baptized on his birthday, March second. So on Wednesday we talked and made a plan to quit smoking and from what I heard last night he is still clean. After our lesson with Craig on Tuesday we went to Gabriel Trickett's place and we talked about baptism and she wants to get baptized too, also on her birthday, being March second. When we heard that we were blown away, apparently that is the day to be baptized and re-born so any one looking for a good day, that's it.
Also this week Elder Burr and I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting about missionary work, with our ward mission leader concluding the meeting with a talk. I talked about the importance of planting a seed and how we needed to go about sowing if we desired to reap. I based my talk off a talk entitled 7 lessons on sharing the gospel but filled it in with a lot of my own thoughts. I thought it went very well. Well there is the week in review for you. and now here are some videos and pictures that were taken earlier today out in the pasture of the member we live with having some fun in his watering hole



No comments:

Post a Comment