So this week has been a rather exiting week. First thing is first, we had transfer calls Saturday, and neither me nor Densley are leaving but we are getting two new sisters to go serve down in Coffeyville. We will be getting Sister Cook and a new missionary. So we have been doing a bit of preparation for them to come down here. The ward is very exited for them to be here, especially the sisters. We passed around a dinner calendar for the sisters on Sunday and they already have a lot of people signed up and wanting to go on exchanges with them. They should be pretty busy with things to do down in Coffeyville.
So we had the baptisms of Scottie and Theresa on Friday and everything went well. They were super happy with the baptism. Elder Densley did the baptisms and I was lucky enough to get a picture of the baptism. I attached a picture of that for all to enjoy. (Yeah I was surprised Bishop let Elder Densley and Scottie wear what they did but that's not my job to say no.) I was able to confirm Theresa at church the next day, it was way cool to see everything come together. So on Sunday we had the 4 investigators come to church as well as Scottie and Theresa. Dwayne and his family came and they just loved it. The lesson in Relief Society was on temples so our after-church lesson was all on the temples. We were going over initiatories and about washing and anointing and Dwayne apparently knows his old testament very well so he perked right up and asked if that was anything like the portable tabernacle with the washing and anointing. I said yes, that is where it comes form. And by the end Tabitha wanted to get sealed to Dwayne. We have been seeing Dwayne for a few months now but he was finally able to come to church. They loved all of it, it was just epic. They were even fine listening to an entire talk by a high councilman that revolved around blacks and the priesthood in Sacrament meeting. Yeah things are just going sweet out here. Well lots of love and I miss you all of you and can't wait to get home and see all y'all.
Love the Bandit.
No comments:
Post a Comment