Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Man I never thought I would have so much interaction with the FLDS and the
RLDS faiths here. We pretty much see and talk to them on a daily basis.
This week we talked to a guy who was previously RLDS and is now just
floating. He told us the story about how the RLDS renounced the Book of
Mormon and how that made him resign from the faith and just float. He meets
together with a bunch of other people who felt the same way as he did. He
says the 1/3 of the RLDS faith resigned when that announcement came out.
Apparently their prophet said that the BOM is just a historical record
and it is not to be used as scripture any more. I guess that is the
price to fit into the christian community. It is all very interesting
to hear all of this from a member of the RLDS faith, we always hear
second hand about all this stuff but it is cool to get it all first
hand.
We also taught Hyrum J. this week, who is FLDS and we went over

the restoration with him. There was alot of kids in the room at the
time so he wanted us to focus more on them then him, since he pretty
much already has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph smith.
Hyrum is a super nice guy and is very sincere. It will be fun to
continue meeting with him. Well anyway things are going great out
here, not too much new, other than it has been raining a whole bunch
here. I can't wait to get back to the dry climate, I like that so much

better. Well thanks so much for all the prayers and the love, only a
while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment