Monday, July 15, 2013

Another Week in the books. Man I forgot how annoying shot gunning an area can be. I am just now starting to feel like I know what is going on in the area. Thankfully the members here have been super supportive and helpful in getting us situated. The previous bishop, Brother Bliss, met up with us on Tuesday and took us out literally all day. He picked us up at 10am and then took us home at 9pm. We saw so many people, it is hard to keep track of it all, thank goodness for GPS units. I would be so lost out here with out it. Lots of back roads here that the GPS doesn't label right so it cant find the locations using address's, but it does have other ways of saving locations so in the long run it does help.
     Well to those of you back home this will surprise you a lot, have eaten Mexican food more than half of the we have had here. And half of those have been at a Mexican food place called Enrique's. We literally ate there 3 meals in a row this past week. it was epic. Other than that things here have been going great. We are having a baptism on Saturday. Her name is Whitney  and she is awesome. She was out of town all week and we didn't get to meet her until Saturday, But that was also the day she needed to get interviewed so we had members pick her up and take her to Springfield. She is only 17 and didn't have a car so we did that. then on the way back we made the baptismal program. On Sunday we went over the restoration, plan of salvation, and gospel of Jesus Christ. We just asked some broad questions and she would tell us all about each point perfectly. She is great. I just wish Elder Robinson and Baxter (the one who found her) were able to be here for the baptism.
Well I love you all and miss you. thanks for the prayers and all you do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment