Monday, July 8, 2013

So here I am, back in Missouri. Serving only in Missouri and Kansas the entire duration of my stay in the Oklahoma, Tulsa Mission. Who would have thought it?
So Stockton is a pretty sweet area. The ward here is super nice and surprisingly large. We have about 200 people showing up to church, and the building is pretty big for how old it is. We have been spending most of our time figuring out the area and stopping by lots of members and trying to get in touch with our investigators. We have 2 with a date to be baptized but they are both oddly out of town for the next little while. Other than that we have lots of other great potential investigators from members. There are a lot of part members families here that are interested in having us come over and teach the gospel. We even have dinner with a family tonight to teach the husband after dinner. I am super exited to get a handle on the area and start working with the members.
So I got to baptize D. Shaffer on Wednesday before I moved to Stockton. We had much of the Independence ward attend that baptism and best of all, I only had to dunk him once. Elder Densely got to baptize Tabitha right after I did. It was such a sweet experience to see two people come into the church from people I tracted into. I am so glad I got to see that through. Also I hear that Sister Hodnett set a baptismal date for the 10th, that also makes me supper happy to hear. Well other than that I don't have a whole lot to report on, just plugging along.
Thanks for your love and prayers. <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment