So transfer calls came in Saturday, I am going to be
transferred to Stockton Missouri, and I will be serving with Elder
Johnson. Not sure really about either of those two things, other than I
hear that Stockton has lots of FLDS there and the
population is about 1,800. So it is going to be a step down from
Independence population wise. But I have to say, as much as I loved
Independence I will be glad to go work at least one more area. Stay
strong until the end. But because of the transfer there was a few things
that needed to happen before I leave, like baptisms.
Once the Shaffer family heard I was leaving they really wanted to get
baptized before I left, so Sunday morning we planned the whole thing.
They will be baptized Wednesday night at 8. That also means yesterday we
had to get every thing in order, so we filled out the baptismal records
and got the district leader out here to do the interviews all in one
day. Yeah kind of crazy. Sister Shaffer said, "I think this was God's
way of saying, stop dragging your feet and get baptized." So they are
both very eager to get in the water. Yeah lots of fun.
Also on Sunday we had all combined for third hour and the focus was
missionary work. And the whole theme of the meeting was, the Shaffers, and how great they are. Don't you want to find more shaffers to join the ward? Then do missionary work. We even had some members bear their testimonies about their work with the Shaffers.
So they feel pretty loved, and possible freaked out, but we will focus
on the first. I got to bear my testimony too, it felt so good to be
speaking to a bunch of people I have come to love and know. People who I
have labored shoulder to shoulder with. I will sure miss Independence,
but everything has to come to end.

I will send pictures of the baptism next week. I will fill every one in on Stockton next week. Have a good one, lots of love!
Love Elder Rasband
No comments:
Post a Comment