Monday, September 2, 2013

Man time is just flying by out here, hard to believe that it is already September. Man where did August go? Crazy.
Well this week went very well, by far the best week we have had in Stockton so far. Our investigators are working out just great and we have lots of people to teach, now all we need is for them all to be in town at once, 3 of them spend like 5 weeks at a time in North Dakota for the oil business. Oh well, maybe one day we will have the perfect storm where they will all be home at the same time and we will just be swamped. One guy we taught for the first time this week was Brother Labaron. He just moved up from Mexico to be closer to North Dakota. He has read the Book of Mormon about 10 times and knows church history like a boss. He just says he doesn't feel ready for baptism, BUT he came to church Sunday, which apparently for him is a huge step so maybe some miracles will be happening around him soon. If he joins then his 12 children will be joining too. Can you say jackpot! But seriously that family is way cool and very great people. I hope they decide to get baptized.
The other person we are teaching on a more regular basis now is Ted. He is progressing way fast, we had 2 lessons with him this week and he understands very well. He does great on all the commitments we leave him and even goes above and beyond at times. Yeah he is great.
We also had a zone conference this week with Elder Ellis from the Seventy show up. One thing that always happens when people from the Seventy show up is they always ask if I am related to Elder Rasband in the Presidency of the Seventy. And like always they suddenly loose interest when I say I have never met him but that we are related. Oh well. Well Elder Ellis was a nice guy, and I loved his instruction about Faith. Man Faith and Repentance have so much to it, I get why they want to focus so much on it. The Gospel of Jesus Christ truly is the center of what we do. Lately I have been highlighting every time Preach My Gospel mentions either faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end and man it is everywhere! Some times I just feel dumb that it took me so long to have things like that plug into my brain. I mean look at the lessons, the Restoration is not just the Restoration, its the Restoration OF the gospel of Jesus Christ. At the center of the plan of salvation is the Atonement, and how we access the Atonement is the gospel. Then all the commandments do two things, build faith and help us repent. ITS EVERYWHERE!!!!
Well enough of that rant. I love all of you and look forward to the next time we meet!
LUV The Bandit

No comments:

Post a Comment