So I am now in Independence Kansas. 2 hours away from where I was before but it took me about 10 hours to get here. Yeah that was fun. But I got to see a ton of new missionaries and see a lot of old friends. I enjoyed that.
But man this week has felt like an eternity. To think last week I was telling you guys about transfers. So arriving to Independence was a rather interesting experience. The ward is super excited to see two new missionaries. To be honest they were super glad to see the other two go. The bishop sat us down and we talked a ton about what he wants to happen and who he wants us to see. He wants us to instruct in church during third hour on the fifth Sunday. We get the feeling like this ward has been just waiting for new missionaries to come in. The meeting we had with the bishop was by far the most productive meeting I have had on my mission about missionary work.
A family had us over for dinner and they told about how they used to have some one over for missionaries to teach every Sunday and they have helped 13 people get baptized because of that. It was just unreal to see how dedicated to missionary work this ward is. They have some huge ambitions and it is super exiting. Me and my companion are feeling the pressure to get things going out here. We will have to be pretty dang busy this next week to get things going. Bishop is going to fast with us next week so we can get some more direction. Then for fast Sunday I recommended we ask the ward to fast as a whole for missionary opportunities. It is going to be epic. I sure hope that I can live up to the the work that is needed of me here. It just blew my mind though, I never thought people like this existed. But now I have them in my grasp. Now i just have to use them and gain their trust.Oh and also we set a goal with the bishop to get 1 person to Sacrament on Sunday, so we already have a goal. Sweet.
4377 CR 4000
independence, Ks 67301

No comments:
Post a Comment